I’m going to explain how I qualified for World Champs, won Ultraman Hawaii, found my wife and improved my parenting game.
Big wins – different domains.
Here’s my template…
- Create one new habit at a time
- Set the bar low (!)
- Hit that bar daily (30, 100, 500, 1000)
- Remove what causes me to miss the minimum
- Sort the specifics after the habit is on autopilot
- Access experienced mentors
- Surge effort when conditions are favorable
What would happen if you made a choice to…
- Do a little bit of cardio
- Do a little bit of strength
- Help one stranger
- Share a simple lesson you know well
- Make one connection
- Eat a salad at 3pm
- Eat 2 apples at 11am
- Write 100 words
…every single day for the next 1,000 days?
Build one small habit.
My 8:29 Ironman performance started when a fat finance guy (me) decided it might make sense to walk to the pub rather than drive.
I can remember that one choice.
I can remember a later choice to do something-every-day.
I’ve done my “1,000 days” many times => writing, investing, wife, kids, sport, connection, strength training
Knowing the power of compounding, I still underestimate the speed of improvement.
What are your deep wants and desires?
What one thing, if it happened, would change everything?
Why not move a little forward each day?
Why wait to be great