When I came back to structured training in May, I tried to get back into swimming.
- Too much
- Too fast
I was not enjoying my workouts and, when I caught COVID, I had the perfect excuse to take a “short break” from swimming.
Going to try again and share that process with you.
Here’s the game
- Three swims a week
- Ten weeks
- First 5 weeks no swim longer than 1500 meters
- Build a habit of getting to the pool
- Leave while we’re still having fun
- Associate “fun” with “pool” in our brains!
Habit + Fun = Sustainable Consistency
Workouts for the following week will be posted IN THIS DOC by Sunday evening.
Next week’s workouts are live, with tips for Head Position and Breathing.
Each two week block is going to have a theme:
- Head Position & Relaxation
- Swing Recovery & Entry
- Backstroke & Pull Pattern
- Extend continuous duration
- Change speed within the continuous duration
Along the way, I’ll help you learn
- Your Swim Paces
- Swim Lingo
To Start… SLOW DOWN and LEAVE THE WATER WHILE YOU ARE HAVING FUN
You must be logged in to post a comment.