Being sensible for too long can leave me with a desire to BUST OUT something extreme.
However, there is a substantial hangover if I’m away from home for long.
How to maintain an adventurous spirit without putting a huge strain on our lives?
I’m fortunate to have pals with serious jobs, who do fun things.
I’ve been paying attention to their mini-adventures and planning my own.
- Excitement => moving through nature in darkness
- Novelty => route finding in new places
- Risk => uncertainty, weather
- Companionship => sharing the trip with my son, or my wife
- Short duration => back home within 30 hours
Small, frequent doses of shared adventure, while meeting my obligations on the home front.
Do you know your “good enough?”