Being sensible for too long can leave me with a desire to BUST OUT something extreme.
However, there is a substantial hangover if I’m away from home for long.
How to maintain an adventurous spirit without putting a huge strain on our lives?
I’m fortunate to have pals with serious jobs, who do fun things.
I’ve been paying attention to their mini-adventures and planning my own.
- Excitement => moving through nature in darkness
- Novelty => route finding in new places
- Risk => uncertainty, weather
- Companionship => sharing the trip with my son, or my wife
- Short duration => back home within 30 hours
Small, frequent doses of shared adventure, while meeting my obligations on the home front.
Do you know your “good enough?”
You must be logged in to post a comment.