Last week, I wrote about my introduction to the well-adjusted rich.
Roll forward, I’m on the “special projects” team.
I have a look around.
- World-class skier
- World-class ultramarathoner
- World-class mountaineer
- Younger version of, said, WC Mountaineer
- Biz partner: former D1 athlete
Every person a mix of kind and competitive.
A limited number of close relationships, the collective sum being who the boss wanted to become.
This insight does not require assets.
- enough space in your life to think strategically (control your schedule)
- the knowledge of where you want to go (choose wisely)
- access to the people you want to become (last week)
What wasn’t there.
I saw: spouse, kids, PA, pilot and the rest of the team.
The world has an incentive to tell us what we want to hear, if you’re rich then even more so.
Close relationships, who share truth.
How was the team used?
Short trips, shared experiences, having fun together.
Doing fun things with world class people.
Assets are no barrier to this life.
Go get it.