At the start of 2022, a vision came to me:
- Sitting in the Arapahoe Basin parking lot
- Running my business from a camper van
- Alternating ski runs with bursts of work
- Combining sunshine, exercising outdoors and helping people
That’s was my vision.
What is your vision?
That’s for you to decide.
I’m going to show you how to get there.
I’m ahead of schedule and have done it several times before.
#1 – Write it down
If you’re feeling courageous, maybe tell someone.
Absolutely, tell yourself, in writing.
Over time, perhaps you realize your fears are an illusion and you share your vision with the world.
What’s it going to take?
So much work, it’s overwhelming.
- Most never start
- The pandemic was a great excuse not to start.
- After that, I was trying to be a good husband, a good father.
Inside my light was going out.
It was time for a change.
#2 – What are the conditions required for success?
Asking the right question, the answer arrived.
Positive change is built from new connections and action.
How many new connections do I need?
- 10,000 came to me
- I’m 53 and I want to be chilling in the parking lot by my 60th birthday
- That’s four new connections a day
Seemed do-able. Certainly worth trying.
Break the goal down into simple, manageable pieces then do them, daily.
My best case scenario requires 4 new connections a day. I can do this.
What do I know about action?
#3 – Start at a pace you can sustain for 1000 days
- Most dreams die before birth
- The next cause of dream-death is failing to give the protocol enough time to work
- We are on the right path, but we quit before we breakthrough
What actions can I commit to making happen for 1000 days?
- One Tweet A Day
- Two Articles A Week
Seems small. Simple is a better way to think of it.
Simple, daily actions.
#4 – Say Yes To Randomness
Fitness takes a long time to accrue. Just the way it is.
Fortunately, the real world is NOT like that.
- One Friend
- One Investment
- One Meeting
- One Podcast
- One Tweet
- One Article
Everybody gets their shot.
Thing is, we never know which connection will come through.
In 2022, Rich Roll gave me my shot. Our podcast goes SuperNova and brings five years of connection in a fortnight.
#5 – Double Down On What’s Working
Our connections let us know what resonates.
- Pay attention.
- Keep working.
In January, I am migrating to Substack and splitting my blog.
WordPress won’t let me migrate you – you’ll need to sign up.
Subscription is free – there’s an option to financially contribute if you wish.
- First up will be my eBook, Endurance Essentials.
- After that, I’ll be tackling True Wealth.
Come along for the ride. It’s going to be great.
You must be logged in to post a comment.