Every day, we make a choice : Drama or Peace
Because the mantras are different than how many of us were raised, they take a little getting used to.
- It Is OK to Say No
- All Family is Optional
- We Can Handle The Truth
- Talk Like Everyone Is In The Room
- We’ve Already Won
- Everyone Speaks, or not
Think about them in the context of the last unforced error you made.
What the mantras have in common is they lower the temperature.
- By removing a feeling of obligation, we reduce resentment.
- By acknowledging truth can be uncomfortable, we remove the burden of hidden lives and carrying secrets.
- By constraining our words to what we’d say to someone’s face, we are more careful and considerate.
- By acknowledging the benefits of our current position, we stay focused on living well.
- By allowing everyone to contribute, we slow decision making and reduce the capacity of a single person, or a single moment, to derail us.
Pay attention to the one you think is the most difficult.