Growing up the following fell somewhere between normal and aspirational:
- Private education from Pre-K through Graduate School
- Winter ski vacations
- Summers spent at a waterfront cottage
- International trips to tropical and European destinations
- Two family cars, bought new, every five years
- A walk-in closet filled with wonderful clothes and shoes
- A garage packed with the finest sports equipment
Depending on where you live, you are signing up for $3,000,000 to $20,000,000 of aspirational spending.
…and you haven’t bought a bag of groceries!
Is there another way?
Save half of your after-tax income until you have ten years living expenses banked.
Then cut your living expenses and work part-time, so you can…
- Spend thousands of hours with each of your kids before they graduate high school
- Live where you don’t need to leave
- Encourage your family to actively participate inside your community, and outside your demographic
- Cultivate inexpensive passions (mine are reading, writing, forest walking and cycling)
- Share simple, local experiences with your spouse (love, holding hands, serenity)
Time & health.
You must be logged in to post a comment.